Residential Care Specialist
Each resident comes to us with his or her unique needs, and we tailor our services to meet those needs. As a Haven Care resident care specialist, you will be required to provide companionship, household management, and personal assistance in a manner that assists the residents to find comfort and familiarity at their Haven Care residence.
Haven Care resident care specialists must be responsible, caring, and diligent individuals with experience in household management for support services including but not limited to personal care, assistance with medication, housekeeping, laundry, bed making, trash removal and meal planning and preparation. The resident care specialist will also maintain resident confidentiality, a safe environment and a strict adherence to resident’s rights.
Resident Care Specialists schedules can range from PRN to FT care. Your schedule will be determined by how well you match the needs of our residents and based on your availability of hours, hours needed by Haven Care and the skill set that you possess. Haven Care will provide job related training upon hire, but there are requirements that you must meet at the time of application.
*Pre-Hire Required Qualifications:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate written instructions in English
- Basic computer skills and access to email
- Physical ability to complete tasks as outlined in this job description
- Valid driver’s license with clean DMV record
- Access to an insured and reliable vehicle
- Clean Nationwide background check
- Drug Free lifestyle
- Comply with the New Mexico Caregiver Criminal History Screening Act
- Complete a mandatory orientation including three (3) overnights
- Complete and pass the New Mexico Assistance with Medication certification training
- Provide three (3) personal references and five (5) years of bonafide professional experience or evidence of enrollment in an educational program or equivalent, if work history is less than five (5) years
*We realize that there are people who have devoted their lives to taking care of others and, because of this, do not have much of an official employment history or that history is ancient. If you are an “empty nester” with little employment history, we still encourage you to apply and include details of your life experience with your application. We are highly interested in people with your experience and heart.
Take a second to send an email to Employment@HavenCareNM.com with the following information, and you’ll be on your way to employment! Before applying, please browse through the clickable open positions and view the job description.
- Position or department of interest in the subject line
- Your full name
- Preferred contact method: Email or Phone
- Best time to reach you
- Preferred shift: AM/PM/NOC/On-Call/Weekends Only/Multiple
- Don’t forget to upload and attach your Application to your email!
Save yourself extra time by attaching your resume to your email if you have one! (PDF files only please). That’s it – thanks for your interest. You’ll be hearing from us soon!
Haven Care – OFFICE
3500 Comanche NE Bldg F Suite 200
Albuquerque, NM 87107