UPDATE: Visitation Policy Change
As we are constantly monitoring the Covid-19 situation, it is with a big sigh, that we announce a temporary suspension on all non-medical visitation. There have been two reported cases, (that we know of), of Covid-19 in Albuquerque Assisted Living Facilities. While these facilities are much larger than ours and structured with multiple facets of senior living, such as independent living where seniors can come and go at will, the news hits close to home. We feel at this time it is best for the health of our residents to once again, suspend all non-essential visitation. Moving forward, we will re-evaluate visitation weekly.
Remember, we are offering video conferencing for visitation. Video conferencing can be reassuring and comforting, and we are happy to accommodate these calls. If you are unsure if you have a capable or compatible device, do not hesitate to call. For video visitation coordination and questions, please call Ruby Munoz:
|Ruby Munoz, Eastside Care Director||Ruby@HavenCareNM.com||(505) 401-4875|
Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!
Valued Resident Friends and Family,
As part of our promise to keep you updated during this tense time, we feel it necessary to let you know about our growing list of precautions and newly implemented protocols.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our highest priority. We have decided to notify the state of New Mexico of our preliminary lockdown. This preliminary lockdown is strictly prophylactic in nature and the following protocols will be observed at this time:
- When available, all staff members will be required to test for Covid-19 and any other possible strains.
- All non-medical resident visitation will be prohibited at this time, this is to include family.
- All service, entertainment and volunteer visitations have been canceled until further notice.
- Haven Care is currently stocked with an ample supply of personal care materials, household supplies, drinking water, as well as dry, frozen and canned goods. Fresh groceries will continue to be provided as needed and available.
- Pharmacies have been contacted and med supply is stable.
- As always applicable OSHA regulations will be followed, with additional uncompromising personal hygiene and home sterilization procedures, to include:
- Frequent and vigorous hand washing by staff.
- Personal contact with residents, wearing masks and gloves, and only when necessary.
- Strict adherence to cleanliness of the homes using appropriate and CDC recommended and medical grade disinfectants.
- Surfaces will be wiped down with soap and water prior to disinfecting. This includes tables, countertops, desks, end tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
At this time, Haven Care is fully staffed and our Administrator, Care Directors and Activities Directors will be in the home providing extra support. The extra staff will help inact, follow and monitor the adherence to our increased measures of precaution that exceed standard CDC guidelines.
Because your peace of mind is also important to us, we’d like to remind you we are available for response via phone call, text and/or email, however we will be prioritizing increased care and may not be able to address any secondary requests immediately.